The need for qualified management professionals has boosted the demand for PGDM programs in India. From undergraduates to working professionals, various people aspire to pursue PGDM courses to escalate their careers into new horizons. If you are also a PGDM aspirant and want to know about the admission process in leading PGDM colleges, then read this blog in detail.
What is the PGDM program?
A postgraduate diploma in management is a business management course of 2 years course duration. Considered equivalent to MBA, this diploma program makes students ready for the industry, by offering them a curriculum according to industry standards. This course also helps students to develop the soft skills and hard skills required to become successful management professionals.
Specialization in PGDM
PGDM courses are generally offered with single or dual specialization.
- Marketing management
- Operations/ International supply chain management
- Financial Management
- Human resource management
- Business design and innovation
PGDM eligibility criteria
- Minimum marks– Applicants should have received a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in the 10th, 12th and graduation examinations.
- MBA entrance exam score– Applicants must have scored a minimum of 70 percentile in MBA entrance exams such as CAT, GMAT, CMAT, and CET.
- Communication skills– Applicants must have scored above 60% marks in the English subject of class 12th.
- Participation- Apart from academics, applicants must be active participants in school/ college events.
- Leadership experience- Students should have experienced leadership opportunities at the college or school level.
- A statement of purpose- You need to write a document including information such as why you want to join this course and business school, what is your career goal, a summary of your academic and work career, etc.
PGDM admission process
- Once you meet the eligibility criteria, you need to download the application form from UBS’s website with an application fee of Rs. 1500.
- You also need to attach certain documents, if any document will not be available with you while applying for the course, you can email them later.
Required documents are-
- 10th, 12th and graduation marksheet.
- Scorecard of MBA entrance examination you have appeared from any of these- CET/CAT/ C-MAT/GMAT.
- Your graduation certificate or a letter from the principal/dean of your college confirming you have passed the graduation exam with your percentage.
- Boardroom Interview– Once your application will be sorted, you will be called for a board room/panel interview round. In this round, a group of people will ask you questions related to your past academic career, information listed in your resume, your strengths and weaknesses, etc.
- Personal interview round– Once you clear the board room interview, you will be called for a personal interview round. In this interview, a single faculty/person from the college will ask you questions similar to the board room interview.
- Once you are selected, the business school will give you a conditional or non-conditional provision letter. After signing the letter your admission to the business school gets confirmed.
- Students who pursue single Specialization- 8.58 Lacs
- Students who pursue dual Specialization- 9.58 Lacs
- Students who pursue single specialization + 1 month Europe study – 9.98 Lacs
Recruiting sector and Job opportunities after completing the PGDM course-
BankingInformation technologyConsulting firmsDesign FirmsRetail/FMCGManufacturingEntrepreneurshipHealthcarePSUs and others.
Business development executiveBusiness AnalystDeputy ManagerWealth ManagerTeam ManagerAssistant ManagerMarket support executiveMarket development executiveWealth managerBrand Executive
Below-mentioned is the average salary received by PGDM graduates in India.
Universal business school- one of the best PGDM colleges
- The PGDM course at Universal Business School emphasizes learning through application. Using simulation and experimentation, students are given the opportunity to make decisions in real time.
- Placement opportunities in international and national organizations such as Accenture, KPMG, Carrier, DHL, Myntra, OnePlus, S&P Global, and DBS.
- Courses are updated according to the change in industry standards.
- The PGDM program at UBS will make you ready to join the global market.
- Student exchange program option available for students on merit and communication skills basis.
- Scholarships are available on the basis of merit, economic background, etc.
- Students will be given the opportunity to write and publish their research papers in national and international journals.
PGDM’s scope is wide and offers numerous opportunities in the field of management. In this blog, we tried to help you in decoding the admission process of PGDM. So, do not sit back and join the best PGDM course, enthralling career opportunities and a dream career are waiting for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the career opportunities after PGDM in International business?
PGDM graduates in international business can join supply chain management organizations, import-export firms, international financial management firms, logistic supply chain firms, etc. as a finance analyst, international marketing manager, business development manager, research analyst, logistics manager, business analytics manager, etc.
- What is the executive PGDM course offered by Universal business school, Mumbai?
The executive PGDM course is a part-time course, in which the classes are conducted once a week on Sunday/Saturday/weekdays. This 24-month program is specially designed for working professionals who want to take their careers to the next level.
- Why are PGDM fees so high?
PGDM’s ability to convey practical knowledge makes it an expensive course. The Knowledge students receive in the PGDM program makes a student ready to confidently confront the business world. Also, the PGDM courses are offered by autonomous business schools which regularly update and design courses according to international industry standards.
- What are the Job profiles available for PGDM graduates in operations management?
The job profiles available for PGDM graduates in operations management are as follows-
- Purchase analyst
- Operations Manager
- Sales Manager
- Material Planner
- Purchase Manager
- What are the benefits of PGDM in Business design innovation?
Below- Mentioned are the benefits of PGDM in Business design innovation-
- This course will help in building a foundation for entrepreneurship.
- You will learn business solutions from a global perspective.
- This course will help you in building leadership quality.