Postgraduate management programs are always considered a ladder to reach the medium/top level of organizations. However, the selection of the right management course with the right B school plays a significant role so that with quality education, you can also get career opportunities. If you want to know more about the PGDM program then read this blog.
In this blog, we’ll explore the reasons why PGDM programs are considered to be a great choice for aspiring leaders.
A postgraduate Diploma in management is a diploma course in the field of management. Considered equivalent to MBA this course concentrates on providing practical knowledge to the students. And this course is mostly offered by autonomous B schools in India. And various prestigious colleges such as Universal business school, and Mumbai collaborated with foreign Universities to offer a global management perspective to the student.
PGDM course details
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Course Eligibility||Minimum 60% marks in 10th, 12th, and graduation. 70 percentile in MBA entrance exams like GMAT, CAT, CMAT, and CET. Students must have scored above 60% in class 12th English.Active participation in school/ college events. Candidate must have experienced leadership opportunities at the school/college level. A statement of purpose.|
|Admission process||Fill out the application form online from the UBS website.|
Enclose your entrance exam scorecard, graduation certificate, and mark sheets from your 10th, 12th, and graduation years, and CAT/MAT/GMAT in a letter and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two rounds of interviews- Board room and personal interview round.
If all the requirements are met, your admission will be confirmed; if you are chosen, you will receive a provisional offer letter.
|Course Mode||Year mode|
|Course Fee||Single Specialization- 8.58 LacsDual Specialization- 9.58 LacsSingle specialization + 1 month Europe study – 9.98 Lacs|
What are different PGDM courses?
- PGDM in Marketing management
- PGDM in Operations/International supply chain management
- PGDM in Business Analytics
- PGDM in Human resource management
- PGDM in Financial management
- PGDM in International Business (minor specialization)
- PGDM in Business design & innovation
Reasons Why PGDM Programs are a Great Choice for Aspiring Leaders
- Excellent ROI- With corporate exposure and placement opportunities in domestic and multinational companies, the PGDM program offers excellent ROI. This course also widens career opportunities in PSUs, manufacturing, healthcare, banking, designing, consulting, information technology, and the healthcare sector, etc.
You can join this sector as an auditor, consultant, project manager, tax specialist, wealth manager, business analyst, etc.
- Focuses on practical and experiential learning- To be a successful and aspiring leader it is very important to have a practical knowledge/experience in business management. And as the PGDM course majorly focuses on practical learning, this course will teach you minor skills and concepts of business that will be very helpful when you join a business corporation in the future.
- You will inculcate leadership skills- one of the top reasons why aspiring leaders choose the PGDM program is that PGDM program helps you inculcate leadership skills as during the course curriculum you will meet many industry leaders and will participate in various presentations, workshops, seminars, simulation activities that will help you in boosting your confidence level, team spirit and leadership skills.
- You will learn global management skills- Certain PGDM program is designed with the collaboration of foreign Universities and some Universities also offer you a 1-month study tour in that foreign University so you can learn the business concepts and work culture of other countries. Even if, if you choose to study in India, you will be taught subjects like an international business where you will learn business management from a global perspective.
- Course curriculum designed by industry leaders/experts- In most of the prominent B schools such as UBS, and Mumbai, the course curriculum of different PGDM specializations are designed by the industry leaders or CEOs who create a curriculum that is relevant to the current industry rules, regulations, and trends. Also, unlike MBA, the PGDM course curriculum is regularly updated with the changes happening in the industry.
- Personality development- PGDM program helps aspiring leaders in developing their personalities. This course helps in enhancing communication skills, leadership skills, reasoning skills, and decision-making skills.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities- PGDM courses will not only make you ready to take up higher positions jobs in top organizations but will also help you brush up on entrepreneurial skills and enthusiasm present in you.
Why choose Universal Business School for the PGDM programs?
- World-class infrastructure.
- Expert faculty members with years of experience in teaching and research work.
- UBS has collaborated with Cardiff Met. University to offer PGDM program, one of the top Universities in the UK.
- The course emphasizes learning through application. Through simulation and experimentation, students are given the opportunity to make decisions in real-time.
- CEOs of the industry crafted the PGDM course curriculum with a global perspective.
- Various scholarships are offered to PGDM students based on their needs, early bird, merit, and special scholarships.
- National and international placement opportunities.
The PGDM course brings enormous career opportunities and various other benefits. This is the reason why aspiring leaders choose this course. However, pursuing this diploma course from the right business school also plays a major role. Hence, choose PGDM colleges in Mumbai after analyzing the ROI of the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is PGDM in business analytics?
This is a postgraduate diploma course that focuses on teaching students about data collection and technology-assisted analysis to produce company insights and create business plans.
- What are the career options available after completing PGDM in finance?
After PGDM in finance, you can make your career in Asset management, risk management, stock analysis, financial advisory, taxes, retail banking, corporate finance, investment banking, and business analysis. Also, you can further pursue Ph.D. if you want to enter into the research field.
- Is PGDM superior to MBA?
The quality of both programs is good, but the PGDM program is marginally superior to the MBA program since its curriculum is more industry-focused and practical-oriented than the MBA’s. Additionally, PGDM programs provide placement services that are more stringent.
- What subjects will I study in PGDM in HR?
In PGDM HR, you will study subjects like human resource development, Business environment and law, strategic management, and managerial economics.
- Which specialisation is best in PGDM?
PGDM in business analytics is the best as this course offers lucrative career opportunities followed by the specialization in financial management and marketing.
- Which PGDM course has highest salary?
PGDM in business analytics receives the highest salary among all the specializations. They receive an average annual salary of 7,98,237 per annum in India.
- What is the scope for PGDM?
The scope of PGDM courses is broad and exciting in the coming future, this course makes you ready to start your career as an entrepreneur, instructor researcher, etc. You will get employment opportunities in the private sector, public sector, business consulting firms, research organizations, etc. However, your career scope will vary according to the specialization you choose in your PGDM course.